Tuesday, December 6, 2011

50 Posts - May to December

So, this is post number fifty. I figured this is some kind of milestone, I guess. I mean, I remember the day I wrote my first post, which was two days short of seven months ago. I sat there thinking, thinking, wondering why I was even doing this. What was I going to write about?

Basically, I was going to be away from my university, which is my home away from home, for three months, and I had 4 weeks at home before I left to work at a camp. I needed something to do to help me count the days, to record the meaning I saw in things. Thus: Dreamchaser. This was my very first post: "What hath God wrought?"



Funny how I decided to call my first post that. I've realized that we ask ourselves that question every day. Except, it's probably more like: What is God up to? Well, I think He's always up to something. He's definitely worked in my life a lot since May, when I started this blog.

I still remember thinking to myself that this was going to be another long summer away from school. Now don't get me wrong: I like summer. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends from home. But I always really miss my university and the wonderful people there. However, those first four weeks of the summer at home were very relaxing, not boring.

Those were the days when I wrote a post per day. Random things, mind you, about that poor Aflack salesman I traumatized. Or, heh, the melted Barbies. Or... the dehydrated grapes. Yeah, I know. You're thinking: You're crazy! Well, you're kind of right. Give me a break; it was summer, and I felt like being creative. All three of the posts I just mentioned were true stories, by the way. :)

Then I went to camp. Camp was wonderful. It was definitely the best thing that ever happened to me. Not sure if I ever wrote about this on here, but working at a camp wasn't my original plan for the summer. I had planned a mission trip overseas, but it fell through. When that happened, I wondered what God was up to. Why wouldn't He want me to go on a missions trip? Well, because he had an entirely different mission field waiting for me. I loved that summer so much. Just the thought that I had the privilege, the responsibility, of helping to lead kids to Christ made my life. I worked to be a blessing to the kids and to those I worked with. And though sometimes I failed, they stuck with me. I learned so much that summer. I went to serve, and I was blessed. I went to work, and I had the time of my life. I sailed and laughed and lead worship and played games 6 hours per day and watched the stars and smiled at God. I was very sad when I had to leave, and I still miss everyone dearly.

Summer had turned out to be awesome. And now it was time to head back to my other favorite place in the world: my University.

Never could I ever expect the adventures that junior year would bring. This semester, I got to shoot three short films. I have always wanted to do that, ever since I was little. I got to play lots of soccer, though not as much ping pong. (That situation must be remedied.) What was interesting is that I was going to take seven classes, each of which was in a different department. That turned out pretty awesome, too. I got to do lots of cool things, such as help launch a global campaign against human trafficking. I also got to write the Wikipedia page for that, which will be posted soon.

I got to write an article and design my a page in a magazine that will be published for campus to read next week. Part of my article was about my friend Becca, the napkin eater. I learned some cool acting techniques and learned about leadership in my ridiculously hilarious business management class.

Also, this semester I got to hang out with a lot of different people. Of course I was thrilled to spend time with my roomie and my class, and friends from whichever class, really. But I also met a lot of awesome new people. It's funny. There's just something about this place. Everyone here is awesome. Now, I'm not sure if this place simply attracts awesome people. Or, if this place makes people awesome. But either way, I met a ton of legit people, and I'm glad for the new friends I've made.

And now, my friends, what is God up to? Well, I can certainly hope that good grades on my exams is part of the plan. But I'll do my part for that, just like in everything else—I'll study until my eyes glaze over and I literally can't read the pages.

But hey, it's been a whole semester. And it's almost time for another "bridge" between adventures: Christmas break. I put "bridge" in quotes because I fully expect Christmas break, in and of itself, to be as much of an adventure as a semester is.

In the meantime, it's the week before exams, and this adventure isn't over yet. What's God up to? Lots of stuff. What am I up to? Trying to survive dead week. Whoo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment