Monday, August 15, 2011

The Bridge Between Adventures

I used to think school was pretty boring and summer was pretty awesome.

Then when I went to college my first year, college, for me, became a totally epic adventure. In contrast, the three summer months after my freshman year were mundane for the most part, and I missed my college friends and wanted to go back. Plus I hated my job. I was a little sad that summer seemed to have lost its magic.

This summer, however, my belief in magical summers was renewed. The past three months have been nothing short of amazing. I got to see old friends, go to the beach, do a lot of reading and writing, and, best of all, I got to be a camp counselor. I knew that was going to be fun, but it turned out to be absolutely amazing. In fact, I would list it among the top three best experiences of my two-decade-long life.

And so, summer is no longer just a bridge between adventures. The bridge WAS an adventure, and I loved every minute of it. Now, I've stepped off the bridge, and with one last glance over my shoulder, I'm about to explore the land beyond.


Tomorrow, I go back to college. I don't know exactly what to expect this year, but if it's anything like this summer, I know it's going to be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment