Sunday, August 21, 2011

Today, This Hour, This Moment

Today I had the opportunity to meet a good number of the new freshmen at my University. For some reason, the idea of 300ish people that I do not know wandering around my school really bothers me. I want to meet all of them. It might take awhile, but I'll learn their names.

Anyway, I noticed a shared attitude or appearance in them, from what I could see. They all had this light in their eyes, this energy. They were perhaps a bit tentative, but they seemed pretty pumped. That's a good attitude to have. I remember very well what it was like to be a freshman. I was that kid who could never find her classes and always, always had to ask for directions. I was the kid who was just a little scared of the upperclassmen. However, I was also that freshman who was SUPER excited—about everything.

I liked meeting the freshmen last year because, besides the fact that I met a lot of awesome ones, they just have a lot of enthusiasm and are a lot of fun. I never want to lose that "hey I'm stoked about life" attitude. Sometimes when I get used to a situation or become accustomed to where I am in life, my eyes kind of glaze over, and I just kind of relax and don't do everything I'm supposed to. That's usually when I stop working as hard and having as much fun—which are two things that are included in pretty much my whole life.

I know I talk about time a lot. This post and this one are prime examples. Well, time is important to me. It's what life is. I think it's important to live life with expectations, with energy, with goals. The Bible says in Hebrews 12:1b-2a, "...Let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith..."


We're to run with endurance! Yeah, sometimes life isn't as fun as we want it to be. But don't overlook the blessings; don't miss out on God's best! Keep your eyes wide open and live every moment to the best of your ability. Wake up! Don't live like you're dead. If you're still breathing, then God has a plan for you. Go find out what it is!

All that to say, that's what hanging out with the freshmen today made me think of. I want to stay stoked about life, just like most of them seem to be. I have one life to live, so I'm going to live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment