Friday, June 3, 2011

I Was Chased by a Giant Rabid Bear

During the school year, I sleep 3 to 4 hours per night during the week and 6 or 7 on the weekends. Therefore, I'm usually so tired that being asleep = practically being dead.

In other words:

A helicopter could land in my dorm room, and I wouldn't wake up.

I've been known to sleep through alarm clocks that woke people up in neighboring counties. But that is another story altogether.

In conclusion, I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. They say that everyone dreams, and the average person has 6 or 7 dreams per night. I believe it—I simply don't usually remember mine.

However, that changed recently, as it usually does in the summer. I've been sleeping 7 or 8 hours per night, which for me is unprecedented. But anyway, I've been remembering my dreams. And last night I had what could be considered a nightmare, if it wasn't so ridiculous.

I was at some national park or something with two of my friends from my University. We weren't there for long before this giant rabid bear started chasing us. I don't know why I thought it was rabid. I just knew it was.

I had to run through this cornfield, and the stalks were so close together I kept tripping. I eventually had to just crawl. I could tell when the bear was coming because the corn stalks would shake and bend around me.

And plus I could just hear the bear roaring maniacally behind me. That helped, too.

But anyway, one of my friends was next to me, and the other was nowhere to be found. The bear suddenly roared and appeared in front of me.

I realized I had a gun. I pointed it at the bear, drawing my finger over the trigger. I aimed, and...


It was just a BB gun. It was the same one I learned to shoot at my friend's cabin a few weeks ago in real life. The little "bullets" just bounced off the bear's nose, further angering it.

I threw the gun aside and ran away as fast as I could.

The terrifying rabid-bear-in-corn-field chase continued for an hour or so. (When I woke up some time later, all of my blankets were up around my head. I'm pretty sure they were the "corn field.")

The three of us finally escaped the field and got into this little building thing that reminded me of a car, it was so small. We closed the doors and windows, thinking we were safe. My phone beeped, and I got an email.

Email? I don't even get emails on my phone. I checked it anyway, and it was from one of my friends who was in the car with me.

It said:

The bear came flying out of the corn field and started smashing angrily against the side of the car/building, trying to knock it over. I felt like I was in the Jurassic Park movie or something.

With each hit, the car/building tipped farther, almost falling onto its side. The bear's expression was murderous, angry, almost human-like.

I almost forgot I was dreaming.

Until I heard the piercing sound of my alarm clock. You know, the one that didn't used to wake me up? This time I was actually thankful for it. I survived the bear attack. (And my friends did, too. I know because I texted them both today to make sure. Anna said it made her laugh. It took me awhile, but eventually even the rabid bear was funny.)

Let's just hope it's not going to be rabid bear: round 2 tonight. I'm not in the mood. Watch out, bear. Just watch out. That's all I'm saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment