Tuesday, June 7, 2011

How to Not Choke on Grapes

Someone once told me that if you hang upside down and swallow whole grapes, your hiccups will go away. I'll take hiccups over choking on a grape any day, thank you very much. My big claim to fame, however, is that I figured out how to REALLY get rid of hiccups. Seriously, it works every time. For me, anyway.

So here you go: my four home remedies, including the elusive hiccups cure.

CURE FOR HICCUPS:
     1. Hold your breath.
     2. Swallow as many times as you can while you're holding your breath.
     3. Breathe.
     4. Repeat if necessary, but you shouldn't have to.

CAN'T SLEEP?
     1. Count backwards from 500 to 0.
     DISCLAIMER: This always works for me, but it doesn't work for everyone. But hey, it's worth a try, right?

SORE THROAT
     1. Luden's throat drops. They work, and they don't taste like crap.
     2. Hot water, hot chocolate, or hot tea.
     3. Half-chewed pretzels. (Seriously.)
     4. Grapefruit. I personally think they taste terrible, but apparently they're so good for you they'll make everything better.
     5. Gargle with Listerine mouth wash. It kills germs, so it might kill your throat infection. And plus it deadens the pain for a while.

MOUTH WASH/TEETH WHITENER
     1. Use Hydrogen Peroxide like mouthwash.
     2. Apparently it strengthens teeth and helps prevent cavities.
     3. Some people think it's too strong, so you could dilute it with some water first if you want.
     4. Spit it out; don't swallow it. Good grief.

I know I have some more random remedies, but I can't think of any more at the moment. So enjoy these. May you never have to suffer with hiccups again.

No comments:

Post a Comment