1. Blogging. Last May I wrote one post every day, but when school started, I wound up writing one or two per month if I was lucky. Back to frequent blog posting!
2. Walks. My version of "walks" during the school year was speeding from class to work to lunch and back to my room on my scooter. I love my scooter, but always rushing around takes away the simple joy of a leisurely walk.
3. Movies/TV. I don't watch much TV as it is, but during the school year, I watch practically no TV shows and barely any movies. Now I watch multiple movies per week and may even finish watching the Chuck episodes I never got to.
4. Sleeping. During the school year, I sleep an average of 5 hours per night, sometimes less. Friday night is the only exception—usually I sleep 'til noon on that day, but not always. During the summer, I go to bed around 1 or 2 and sleep until about ten, unless I have work or a road trip, of course.
5. Eating. Yes, I still eat during the school year. But that's usually the caf, which means a strict diet of salad, cereal, and ice cream. Outside the caf, I usually eat out or consume large amounts of Ramen noodles, oatmeal, and Pop Tarts. During the summer, I eat a ton of peanut butter sandwiches, salad, apples, and of course, home cooked meals.
6. Baking. I don't have a kitchen of my own at school. Or money for ingredients. Or time to bake. At home, however, I make some stinkin' good cookies, cakes, brownies, and sometimes pies.
7. Reading. If you know me at all, you'll know that I am ALWAYS reading something. Unless I'm driving or running, I'm reading a text, Facebook, random articles on the internet, notes, textbooks, or emails. What I don't read, however, are fun books. Like...never. Over Christmas sometimes I read a few, but other than that, I save my fun reading for the summer. Last May I read a book per day for two or three weeks. I'm talkin' real, thick, heavy books. I just read for like six hours per day. Good stuff.
8. Writing. I write books. Usually during the school year I'm too busy writing articles and papers and improving other people's writing at my various jobs to do any writing of my own. This year was kind of an exception since I started writing my latest book, 'Notherday, in January. But now I'll have much more time for it. :)
9. Beach. Obviously there isn't a beach in KY. There is one at home. Therefore, I spend as much time there as I can. I'm really good at boogie boarding (it takes skill; trust me), but I've never tried surfing. I'm going to try to do that this summer.
10. Soccer. I play pickup soccer at school, usually on weekends, and yeah, I've played intramurals. But during the summer, I really enjoy going to my old high school and playing indoor with all the high school kids. In fact, it's one of my favorite things.