Thursday, November 24, 2011

100 Blessings

My mom sings this little song about blessings sometimes. Even though I unfortunately get it stuck in my head for long periods of time because of the number of times she often sings it, I do recognize that it has a good message in it. Part of it goes like this:

"Count your many blessings; name them one by one...
Count your many blessings—see what God has done!"

I don't think it's possible for any of us to count all of our blessings. We'd be counting forever! So I decided to make a list of 100 things I'm thankful for, especially since my last post was depressing. Haha. Again, they're in no particular order. I'm thankful for...

1. My sister, who is also my best friend.
2. Supportive parents.
3. My university, which is my favorite place in the world.
4. The ability to play, listen to, and appreciate music.
5. The camp I worked at this summer, which was one of the best experiences in my life.
6. No 8:00 classes next semester. Again. That's 6 semesters so far.
7. Facebook, texting, and email because they help me keep in contact with friends from across the nation.
8. God's faithfulness.
9. Milkshakes.
10. My awesome roommate, who always listens, gives great advice, and makes me laugh.
11. My jobs, which are currently the yearbook and the writing center. I love them both.
12. Second chances.
13. Enough food to eat, so I never have to be hungry.
14. Laughter.
15. My churches: one at home and one at school.
16. My friends from home, camp, and school.
17. The beach.
18. Health.
19. The power of prayer.
20. My grandma and my Meme who always pray for me and our family.
21. AMERICA, land of the free and home of the brave.
22. My two majors, both of which I enjoy.
23. Hot chocolate.
24. The ability to type 80 words per minute, which makes assignments go by much faster.
25. Sarcasm.
26. Forgiveness.
27. My laptop, which makes it easier for me to do my work and stay in contact with people.
28. Free time.
29. Getting to see/talk to old friends.
30. Salvation and a future home in Heaven.
31. The English language and grammar.
32. Excellent books.
33. Entertaining professors.
34. Kittens.
35. Good memories.
36. People who are actually up as late as I am.
37. Summer.
38. Freedom.
39. Coffee.
40. Heat/air conditioning.
41. My scooter.
42. Mysteries.
43. Sunshine.
44. The Bible.
45. Travel.
46. New perspectives.
47. An umbrella on a rainy day.
48. A never-ending supply of potential new friends.
49. The ability and opportunity to teach others.
50. Fridays.
51. Haircuts.
52. Jeans.
53. Canceled classes.
54. Warm coats.
55. Sunsets.
56. The ability to learn from mistakes.
57. Mountains.
58. Pleasant surprises.
59. Parties.
60. My green chair.
61. Falling asleep right away almost all the time.
62. God's perfect timing.
63. Piano.
64. Harmony.
65. People's patience.
66. Speed.
67. The light youth group brought to my senior year of high school.
68. People I can admire and learn from.
69. Bible verses that pop into my head at extremely opportune moments.
70. Random encouragement.
71. Hope for the future.
72. Beautiful days.
73. Remembering something last minute that I almost forgot.
74. Every day.
75. The ability to walk and run.
76. Hairties.
77. Tasks that turn out to be fun or hilarious instead of annoying or tedious.
78. Indoor bathrooms.
79. God's grace.
80. You.
81. Hope.
82. A never-ending supply of things to learn about.
83. Forgiveness.
84. The stars.
85. Every person I've ever learned from.
86. History.
87. The economy is getting better.
88. My camera and the memories it records.
89. Love.
90. The ability to drive.
91. I still get the opportunity to play soccer.
92. Writing.
93. Comfy couches.
94. Healing.
95. Rest after a long day.
96. The ability to choose.
97. God's presence.
98. My life.
99. Wisdom.
100. All blessings in general, whether great or small, expected or unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment