Monday, February 6, 2012

"'Ello, Beastie"

Have you ever looked at your life and said either out loud or in your mind: "Wow. This is awful. Looks like it's all...

D
O
W
N
H
I
L
L

...from here!"

I know I have. Sometimes bad things happen, or life presents a totally unexpected and seemingly insurmountable obstacle. We think, "Ugh! I don't want to deal with this! It's all downhill from here!"

Have you ever seen "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest?" Watch this.


When the giant, hideous Kraken rises out of the water, Captain Jack Sparrow looks death in the face and says, "'Ello, beastie!" I'm not saying that if you see a giant monster you should grab the nearest kitchen knife and dare the Kraken to eat you.

I am suggesting, however, that we all adopt an attitude more similar to Jack Sparrow's when it comes to problems in our lives.

Next time something bad happens, you have a mountain to climb, or an unwanted "Kraken" jumps out of the water and tries to eat your ship, look it in the eye and say, "'Ello, beastie!" Then show it who's boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment