Monday, October 31, 2011

Someone Else's Shoes

"Don't judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes."
















This is a good saying. It's by no means a concept I've mastered, but it's definitely something I've been thinking about.

I also like the version that goes something like this: "Don't judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Because then you have seen things from their perspective... and plus you have their shoes."

However, I think the saying is wrong. "Judge" is too strong a word. Maybe evaluate. Or something like that. But anyway, a mile isn't long enough. Not at all.

Anyway, here's something you and I should have learned long ago: Be careful not to take what people say to heart, whether it be good or bad. People say stupid crap sometimes, and that's all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment